Cascadia Protocol – Barbados
- Creation of domestic violence units at the divisional level of the police force.
- Police service to provide security for Shelters i.e. camera monitoring & periodic drive by checks
- Mandatory reporting of suspected cases of domestic violence by medical and health professionals
- Implementation of a data collection system on domestic violence in the health sector, police service and social workers.
- Mandatory counselling for perpetrators of domestic violence
- Implementation of age appropriate domestic violence awareness programs in secondary schools.
- Establishment of a capital fund by the government of Barbados for the maintenance of shelters.
- Implementation of the 1% transfer of income tax system. The income tax to be transferred to public benefit organisations working to eradicate violence against women.
- Provision of transitional housing by the government of Barbados to shelters working with victims of domestic violence.
- Creation of a Caribbean Regional Witness Protection program for victims of domestic violence assessed as being at risk of being murdered by their spouse/partner
If you agree with these recommendations please fill out the form and sign the petition
Cascadia Protocol - BarbadosRead the petition
|6||Ryan Clarke||Mar 11, 2017|
|5||linda harlow||Apr 05, 2016|
|4||Yolande Jessamy||Aug 09, 2015|
|3||BARBARA BARKER||Jul 17, 2015|
|2||joy oconnor||Feb 09, 2015|
|1||Leandra Griffith||Nov 18, 2014|