Cascadia Protocol – Guyana
- Domestic violence units to implemented at every police station in Guyana.
- Police service to provide security for Shelters i.e. camera monitoring & periodic drive by checks
- Mandatory reporting of suspected cases of domestic violence by medical and health professionals
- Implementation of a data collection system on domestic violence in the health sector, police service and judiciary.
- Mandatory counselling for perpetrators of domestic violence
- Implementation of age appropriate domestic violence awareness programs in secondary schools.
- Establishment of a capital fund by the government of Guyana for the maintenance of shelters.
- Implementation of the 1% transfer of income tax system. The income tax to be transferred to public benefit organisations working to eradicate violence against women.
- Provision of transitional housing by the government of Guyana to shelters working with victims of domestic violence.
- Creation of a Caribbean Regional Witness Protection program for victims of domestic violence assessed as being at risk of being murdered by their spouse/partner
If you agree with these recommendations please fill out the form and sign the petition
Cascadia Protocol - GuyanaRead the petition
|7||Greasels Hinckson||Dec 14, 2015|
|6||Safiya Gafoor||Sep 07, 2015|
|5||Kamala Kempadoo||Sep 07, 2015|
|4||Audrey Benn||Sep 07, 2015|
|3||Bibi Ahamad||Sep 06, 2015|
|2||Vidyaratha Kissoon||Sep 06, 2015|
|1||Oliver Brown||Sep 05, 2015|