Cascadia Protocol – Suriname
- Full scale implementation of domestic violence units within the police service of Suriname
- Police service to provide security for Shelters i.e. camera monitoring & periodic drive by checks
- Implementation of a data collection system on domestic violence in the Health sector, Police Service, and Judiciary of Suriname.
- Development of the forensic nursing profession in Suriname. This should include the provision of Tertiary level courses on this aspect of the nursing profession.
- Provision of counseling services for perpetrators of domestic violence by the Mental Health sector of Suriname.
- The allocation of increased resources by the government of Suriname to domestic violence awareness programs in secondary schools.
- Establishment of a capital fund by the government of Suriname for the maintenance of shelters.
- Implementation of the 1% transfer of income tax system. The income tax to be transferred to public benefit organisations working to eradicate violence against women.
- Provision of transitional housing by the government of Suriname to shelters working with victims of domestic violence.
- Creation of a Caribbean Regional Witness Protection program for victims of domestic violence assessed as being at risk of being murdered by their spouse/partner
If you agree with these recommendations please fill out the form and sign the petition
Cascadia Protocol - SurinameRead the petition
|5||Angela Reingoud||Aug 20, 2015|
|4||Yolande Jessamy||Aug 09, 2015|
|3||joy connor||Feb 09, 2015|
|2||waheeda rahman||Nov 26, 2014|
|1||Majella van der Werf||Sep 28, 2014|