Cascadia Protocol – Trinidad
- Creation of a domestic violence unit within the police force.
- Police service to provide security for Shelters i.e. camera monitoring & periodic drive by checks
- Mandatory reporting of suspected cases of domestic violence by medical and health professionals
- Implementation of a data collection system on domestic violence in the health sector, police service and judiciary.
- Mandatory counselling for perpetrators of domestic violence
- Implementation of age appropriate domestic violence awareness programs in secondary schools.
- Establishment of a capital fund by the government of Trinidad & Tobago for the maintenance of shelters.
- Implementation of the 1% transfer of income tax system. The income tax to be transferred to public benefit organisations working to eradicate violence against women.
- Provision of transitional housing by the government of Trinidad & Tobago to shelters working with victims of domestic violence.
- Creation of a Caribbean Regional Witness Protection program for victims of domestic violence assessed as being at risk of being murdered by their spouse/partner
If you agree with these recommendations please fill out the form and sign the petition
Cascadia Protocol - TrinidadRead the petition
|23||Leslie Ann Baptiste||Jan 31, 2017|
|22||Lee-Anna Maharaj||Jan 26, 2017|
|21||Jacinta Brown||Sep 17, 2016|
|20||Glemma Bartholomew||Jul 12, 2016|
|19||ALICIA PRINCE||Jul 03, 2016|
|18||Michael Grandison||Mar 10, 2016|
|17||Althea Seepaul||Mar 09, 2016|
|16||Christal Matthew||Feb 18, 2016|
|15||Michelle Mischier||Dec 30, 2015|
|14||Jonathan Bhagan||Dec 19, 2015|
|13||Asma Mohammed||Oct 19, 2015|
|12||Sherna Alexander Benjamin||Sep 25, 2015|
|11||Amy Ramkissoon||Aug 16, 2015|
|10||Yolande Jessamy||Aug 09, 2015|
|9||Samantha Duncan||Jul 30, 2015|
|8||Althea Seepaul||Jun 25, 2015|
|7||Joycelyn Duncan||May 31, 2015|
|6||carson alexander||May 26, 2015|
|5||M. Amoy Fraser||Apr 25, 2015|
|4||Melissa Sankar||Feb 11, 2015|
|3||Sean Bardoo||Feb 10, 2015|
|2||joy connor||Feb 09, 2015|
|1||Gisanne Ramjit||Jan 26, 2015|