HAVEN HOUSE MISSION & OBJECTIVES
A) MISSION STATEMENT
To provide shelter and support services for women in situations of gender-based violence (rape, incest, domestic violence, sexual assault) and advocate against gender-based violence in collaboration with other agencies.
- To provide an opportunity for women in situations of gender-based violence
to regain control of their lives.
- To contribute to the elimination of gender-based violence along with other organizations.
- To provide temporary emergency shelter for women and their children in crisis. *
- To offer support services to women while residing in the shelter. *
- To provide outreach services to women of gender-based violence. *
- To advocate for the elimination of gender-based violence in our society. *
5. To provide effective management of the shelter and its services. *
* These items need to be further discussed as to the exact nature of how these services will be delivered.
- Strategic Planning
- Setting Policies and Procedures
- Development, approval and management of programs and budget.
- Public awareness/Advocacy
- Support and Supervision of staff
- Management of Assets
Contact Person: Ms Dorla Rosado
There is no direct line for Haven House shelter, however members of the public can contact the shelter through the women’s department at the Domestic Violence Unit, Police department. The numbers are: